Regionals and class project

What a wonderful time we had at the Stampin' Up! Regional Conference in Denver this past Saturday.  The event was well attended and my upline (Mom), Connie Ingram did an on-stage presentation so that was extra special for our group.  We listened to some really good presentations, received free product, won Prize Patrol product (however, not yours truly) and finished the day with a delicious dinner at Bubba Gumps!  Here is a photo of part of our group after the meal:



I have to tell you a little story about prior to this event.  Connie called me on Tuesday or Wednesday (I was in such shock I can't remember which day it was) and told me that she had signed me up to do an on-stage presentation at Regionals.  Well, I about swallowed my tongue and/or had a heart attack right then and there.  After much "screeching" on my behalf and "discussion", Connie said, "Well, now that I've told you this....do you WANT to do it?"  like all my shouting during our "discussion" hadn't given her a clue..............!!!!  I asked if I had a choice, and she said yes.  SO, I responded with a resounding NOOOOOO!!!  Connie laughed and said that she would then give our friend Crystal a call and present her with the same "opportunity"!  Crystal and I had a good laugh about it later as, of course, she also said NO!  OMG, even with a MONTH of preparation I'm not at all sure I could get up in front of a large group like that...but there was no doubt in my mind that I couldn't do it with 2-3 days lead time!  Lucky for us and for Stampin' Up!, Miss Connie is ALWAYS up to the challenge.

Also, as promised, here is the photo of the full card that the gals made at Tami and my classes on Friday and Sunday.  It was so much easier than they thought it would be.  Unlimited opportunities for CASEing too with all the DSP choices (current and retired) that I have lying around here!


 
Stamps:  "I am" which was given to us at Convention
Inside was stamped with Happy Birthday from Sassy Salutations
Inks:  Real Red and Island Indigo
Accessories:  1 1/4 and Scallop Square Punches
Retired large Star Punch
Small Star Punch from the Merry Minis Punch Pack in the Holiday "Maxi" Mini
 
Hope you all had a great weekend.  I love that mine was filled with stamping friends for 3 days!
Now, it's time to get on with those less fun activities like laundry, grocery shopping, etc.
 
Bye for now!
skm
 



Comments

  1. great pic of the dinner. So sad that we had to miss it. I know you took more pics of the fun we had at the Regional and hopefully you will post them also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my new blog

Wonderfall

Tami's February Cards