I know....long time no post

Sorry it's been so long, but it is easy to NOT find the time to come here and update you all on what I'm doing, because what I'm doing is taking all my time! 

We had a great October class here at the house.  I will show you the projects in a moment, but first I wanted to show you the little treats we gave to all our attendees.

Aren't they cute!  I had purchased a bunch of these tiny little bags when Stampin' Up! had them on the clearance rack.  I wish now that I'd gotten more of them!  They were filled, of course, with yummy treats.  I used a black marker and left-over Easter bling, colored with an orange sharpee, on the tiny wooden clothes pins to add a little sparkle!


Here is a fall card we made.  At the class we changed how we stamped the front image because we had trouble with the ink smearing on the glossy paper.  We used Stazon ink instead of the Elegant Eggplant ink like I did on this sample.  I got the layout idea from this card (not signed and I can't remember where I got it).


The background for my card was made with the shaving cream method.  I ended up using lighter tones of the fall colors to keep it from being too "busy".  The colors I used are Peach, Pear, Wisteria and Saffron.  The images, however,  were stamped in Cajun, Artichoke, Eggplant and Mustard.


The hanging leaf was made with the faux metal/fossil technique.  The ladies and gent seemed to really enjoy learning/doing this technique.  We used gold, black and copper embossing powders and a little bit of a green pearl-ex powder.  If you have any questions on how to do this, just e-mail me and I will try to explain it for you since I'm not quite up to putting videos up here yet.

This was my second card.  I absolutely adore all the boots in the Bootiful Occasions stamp set, but the witches boot is, by far, my favorite.  The broom/hat stamp was a gift from my good friend Mickie.  I loved it and had to use it!!!!  Several items used on this card are now retired, but I use that type of thing at classes here at my home since they are NOT hostess events.  No orders are expected as most of the people attending are either other demo's customers or demos themselves.  We just want to have fun and I use the stuff I have!



Tomorrow I will show you the two projects that Tami had for us.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!!

skm



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my new blog

Wonderfall

Tami's February Cards