OK, I'm a terrible blogger....I admit it!

I just can't seem to get on here on a regular basis!  I'm sorry!!!  Just too many other things that take precedence.

Anyway.....some day I'll go backwards and post the older stuff, but today I want to show you the photos of the card I made for my #1 Grandson's 5th birthday last week.  I cruised the net looking at MANY samples and the result is a combination of several cards I saw.  If you've made an Angry Birds card....I probably looked at yours and am giving you all credit right here and now!  ;)

Here is the front:





And here is the inside:


His whole party was the Angry Birds theme and many gifts followed that theme.  Since the kids just got a new home with a larger back yard, we gave them a "fort" to put back there to play in.  It seemed to be a hit with both the birthday boy AND his little brother.

MANY punches were used.

Red Bird:
Body - 1 3/4" Circle
Eyes - Owl punch
Nose - 3/4" circle (cut to center and fold over itself to create a cone)
Tail and top feathers - boho Blossom punch
Eyebrows - I used the retired slot punch, but you could just hand cut little rectangles

Yellow Bird:
Body - Heart and 1 3/4 circle (for white part)
Eyes and Nose - Owl Punch
Again, Boho for the feathers and slot for the eyebrows

Numbers:
Timeless Type Alphabet sizzlets out of the red glimmer paper
Tag - Happy Birthday from Bitty Banners set and framelit

Grass:
I used a  non-SU die, but it would be very simple to hand cut some grass.  I then ran it through the woodgrain embossing folder to give it some texture.

Pig:
Body - Wide Oval punch
Helmet - Wide oval punched and then punched again
Little strap pieces - hand cut from scraps
Eyes & Nose - all from the Owl Punch

The saying is my very own "quote" and it was printed from the computer then I cut around it to look like a cloud.

Colton loved it and I had such fun making it.....although it did take me almost 4 hours!

That's it for today.
Tomorrow..........I promise...............I'll post Tami and my cards from our class last weekend!

Bye bye for now,
skm




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my new blog

Wonderfall

Tami's February Cards