Monday, June 3, 2013

OK, I'm a terrible blogger....I admit it!

I just can't seem to get on here on a regular basis!  I'm sorry!!!  Just too many other things that take precedence.

Anyway.....some day I'll go backwards and post the older stuff, but today I want to show you the photos of the card I made for my #1 Grandson's 5th birthday last week.  I cruised the net looking at MANY samples and the result is a combination of several cards I saw.  If you've made an Angry Birds card....I probably looked at yours and am giving you all credit right here and now!  ;)

Here is the front:





And here is the inside:


His whole party was the Angry Birds theme and many gifts followed that theme.  Since the kids just got a new home with a larger back yard, we gave them a "fort" to put back there to play in.  It seemed to be a hit with both the birthday boy AND his little brother.

MANY punches were used.

Red Bird:
Body - 1 3/4" Circle
Eyes - Owl punch
Nose - 3/4" circle (cut to center and fold over itself to create a cone)
Tail and top feathers - boho Blossom punch
Eyebrows - I used the retired slot punch, but you could just hand cut little rectangles

Yellow Bird:
Body - Heart and 1 3/4 circle (for white part)
Eyes and Nose - Owl Punch
Again, Boho for the feathers and slot for the eyebrows

Numbers:
Timeless Type Alphabet sizzlets out of the red glimmer paper
Tag - Happy Birthday from Bitty Banners set and framelit

Grass:
I used a  non-SU die, but it would be very simple to hand cut some grass.  I then ran it through the woodgrain embossing folder to give it some texture.

Pig:
Body - Wide Oval punch
Helmet - Wide oval punched and then punched again
Little strap pieces - hand cut from scraps
Eyes & Nose - all from the Owl Punch

The saying is my very own "quote" and it was printed from the computer then I cut around it to look like a cloud.

Colton loved it and I had such fun making it.....although it did take me almost 4 hours!

That's it for today.
Tomorrow..........I promise...............I'll post Tami and my cards from our class last weekend!

Bye bye for now,
skm




No comments:

Post a Comment