February Card Class

For my February cards I used some stuff from my "stash" that are not Stampin' Up!  However, the paper and ink is SU. 

The first card is my Valentine for my hubby.  We don't get all sweetie/mushy with each other and I felt this stamp set worked!

Outside

Inside

Isn't she cute!  ;-)

My other card does feature a Stampin' Up! stamp from the Sale-A-Bration set "Feeling Sentimental".  I just love this set!  I had found a picture out on the "net" that I loved and this stamp set, as well as a die I had in my "stash" were perfect for it!  I had a picture in my mind of what I wanted to do, and found the perfect embossing folder in my stuff that I had had for years and had never used. 

This was in the inspiration photo.  Isn't it awesome.  However, I don't remember where the heck I got it!
 
Here is my card:
 
 
The paper is Sahara Sand.  The telephone booth was stamped twice.  Once on Real Red...cut out...and crystal effects added to each window.  The second one was stamped on Cherry Cobbler, cut out, then the window area was removed with an Xacto blade and this layer was popped up onto the other layer to give it some dimension.  A second piece (about 1.5") was textured, torn, and popped up to be the "cobblestone". The whole front was then "daubered" with whisper white.  Liquid pearls was added to the snowflakes and the roof tops.  A 1/4 yellow circle was added to the lamp post for a light bulb.

 
Our new "Oh Hello" stamp was PERFECT for the inside!
 
These next photos were of the little Valentine gift I made for all the attendees.
They were made using the awesome doilies from our new Mini.  A few punched pieces, some bakers twine and there you have it!  There were M & M's inside.

 
This was stamped on the back.  It was from the new set "My Little Valentine"

 
Our class has a pot-luck lunch.  The food is always FABULOUS, but every once in awhile something extraordinary shows up.  Such was the case yesterday.
Danette brought this amazing salad.  It was called "Cheeseburger Salad" and honest it tasted like a cheeseburger.  It was SO delicious, but the taste was secondary to the appearance.  Take a look at THIS:
 
Isn't it AMAZING!  The bread-sticks around the side are actually sliced and toasted sesame seed hamberger buns!
 
Well, I think I've gone on long enough for today.  Our classes are always SO much fun.  We have the most amazing group that come to visit with us.  I will show you Tami's cards tomorrow!
 
Enjoy the Super Bowl today if it's to your taste.  Our wonderful Bronco's didn't make it, but I'll be watching to see the commercials and the entertainment.
 
Ta ta for now!
skm
 
 

Comments

  1. okay. you did a Fabulous job on the phone booth card! and I need the recipe for that cheeseburger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my new blog

Wonderfall

Tami's February Cards